Range of Costs
Our Pricing for bringing and defending claims for unfair or wrongful dismissal:
- Simple case, £3,000 - £4,000 (excluding VAT)
- Medium complexity case, £4,000 - £6,000 (excluding VAT)
- High complexity case, £6,000 - £8,000 (excluding VAT)
Factors that could make a case more complex:-
- If it is necessary to make or defend applications to amend claims or to provide further information about an existing claim.
- Defending claims that are brought by Litigants in Person.
- Making or Defending a Costs Application.
- Complex Preliminary issues such as whether the Claimant is disabled (if this is not agreed by the parties).
- The number of witnesses and documents.
- If it is an Automatic Unfair Dismissal claim, eg; if you are dismissed after blowing the whistle on your Employer.
- Allegations of discrimination which are linked to the dismissal.
There will be an additional charge for attending a Tribunal Hearing of £1,500 to £1,750 per day (excluding VAT). Generally, we would allow one day for a simple case, up to three days for a medium complexity case, and a high complexity case could be longer.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties such as Court Fees. We handle the payment of disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. Counsel's Fees are estimated at £1,500 - £1,750 for a single day (depending upon experience of the Advocate) for attending a Tribunal Hearing (including preparation).
Click the separate tab for "Disbursements" on the left-hand side of this page.
How Long Will My Matter Take?
The time that it takes from receiving your initial instructions to the final resolution of your matter depends largely on the stage at which your case is resolved. If a settlement is reached during Pre-Claim Conciliation, your case is likely to take 0-13 weeks. If your claim proceeds to a Final Hearing, your case is likely to take 39-52 weeks. This is just an estimate and will of course be able to give you a more accurate timescale once we have more information and as the matter progresses.
See separate "Key Stages" tab on the left-hand side of this page.
The fees set out in the Services section cover all of the work in relation to the following key stages of a claim:-
- Taking your initial instructions, reviewing the papers and advising you on the merits and likely compensation (this is likely to be revisited throughout the matter and subject to change).
- Entering into Pre-Claim Conciliation where this is mandatory to explore whether a settlement can be reached.
- Preparing a Claim or Response.
- Reviewing and Advising on Claim or Response from the other party.
- Exploring Settlement and negotiating a Settlement throughout the process.
- Preparing or Considering a Schedule of Loss.
- Preparing for (and attending) a Preliminary Hearing.
- Exchanging documents with the other party and agreeing a Bundle of Documents.
- Taking Witness Statements, drafting Statements, and agreeing their content with Witnesses.
- Preparing a Bundle of Documents.
- Reviewing and advising upon the other party's Witness Statements.
- Agreeing a List of Issues, a Chronology and/or Cast List.
- Preparation and Attendance at Final Hearing, including Instructions to Counsel.
The Stages set out above are an indication, and if some of the stages above are not required, the fee will be reduced. You may wish to handle the claim yourself and only have our advice in relation to some of the stages. This can also be arranged on your individual needs.